By now everyone’s seen the so called “news” about the shootings at Fort Hood. As I write this blog, Katie Couric and the other cheerleaders are out, demonizing the shooter and taking yellow journalism to new heights. And on Twitter, one of the guys I follow, a Muslim American soldier serving in Iraq, is catching flack for it. I tweeted back:
* @aCitizenSoldier Crap. I knew this was going to happen. It’s basically ‘guilt by association.’ Yes, even if you were born here. about an hour ago.
* @aCitizenSoldier I wrote up a rant shaming South Asians for the actions of H1Bs in tech: http://is.gd/4JxLC I even said, Is it fair? No! about an hour ago
* @aCitizenSoldier The fact of the matter is the media has spent the last 15+ years demonizing Muslims. Can you blame the ignorant locals? about an hour ago
* @aCitizenSoldier The media gives us sound bites of ‘fear’ and ‘Muslim’ in the same breath. Just like they have done with other “foreigners.” about an hour ago
* @aCitizenSoldier All you can do is have a thick skin and stay cool. And pray for the families. I don’t know what else to say. 4 minutes ago
You know how I feel about dishonest shysters who undermine my country, and then cry ‘racist’ like a schoolgirl when they’re caught. It’s guilt by association that every country engages in within their borders. And the USA is no different than any other country.
And it’s times like these when it’s unbelievably unfair. Our leaders have asked Americans who happen to be Muslim to go to a neck o’ the woods that their families may not have seen for 3 generations. Or ever. They’re no more responsible for the actions of the shooter than you are. It’s a big sacrifice and you’ve seen ONE EXAMPLE of the terrible price.
These folks are fighting World War III while you play XBox Live.
Katie Couric continues her ‘career’ as a smearleader, speaking with authority on something she heard about 2 minutes ago that you will take as gospel —that CBS will roll for another 23 hours and 58 minutes. Making it 23.58x as bad. All for ratings.
As long as our leaders and the media insist on breaking us up into little ‘tribes of agenda’ and not the one that matters — AMERICAN — no hyphens — you’re going to see finger pointing and polarization.
As long as foreigners have the SAME STANDING as citizens in this country — to where there’s no advantage to even BEING a citizen — you will see resentment like this. You may even see desertion / immigration to other countries as the younger people wake up to the fact that they’ve been sold down the road by their parents.
Our leaders continue to rely on this bread & circus hell instead of doing their jobs. I wonder how long this can last.